Dussehra (also known as Vijaya Dashami, Dasara, or Dashain) is a Hindu festival that commemorates the triumph of good over evil. It is a public holiday in India observed on the 10th day of the bright half (Shukla Paksha) of the Hindu calendar month of Ashvin (Ashwayuja). Many Hindus celebrate Dussehra with special prayer meetings and food offerings to Maa Durga at home or in temples across India. They also celebrate outdoor fairs (melas) and big parades with Ravana effigies (a mythical king of ancient Sri Lanka). In the evening, the effigies are burned on bonfires. The Navaratri celebration concludes with Dussehra. Many Hindus think that starting a new venture, initiative, or journey on Dussehra is also auspicious. They may also exchange gifts of Shami tree (Prosopis spicigera) leaves as a symbol of the Pandavas brothers' exile in the Mahabharata stories.
When the effigies of Ravana are burned, it represents the triumph of good over evil. The burning of Ravana statues pollutes the air. The poisonous chemicals used to make idols are submerged in water. Furthermore, burning emits toxic gases that endanger both humans and aquatic life.
With the festive season approaching, celebrate Dussehra with joy and success while remaining environmentally conscious. So, here is the list you need to keep in mind while celebrating eco-friendly Dussehra:
1. Eco-friendly idols - Idols constructed of plaster of Paris or plastic should be avoided. They pollute the water and are difficult to dissolve. Use eco-friendly clay idols for puja to help you celebrate Dussehra responsibly.
2. Use Eco-friendly colours and paints - The usage of several colours or chemical paints on the idol pollutes the water and ecosystem. It is preferable to paint the idols with natural colours (dyes derived from flowers or other things).
3. Eco-friendly decorative elements - Eco-friendly Dussehra decoration has grown in popularity throughout the years. Decorate your home with gorgeous flower arrangements. Decorate with environment friendly idols and décor pieces. Make your home festive by using traditional clay lanterns and potted plants.
4. Environment Friendly Light - The most important thing is to conserve energy. During Dussehra, people tend to decorate the puja pandal with various colourful lights, including halogen lights, which consume lot of power. Instead, choose CFL bulbs or other energy-saving electrical devices.
5. Say no to firecrackers - The use of firecrackers pollutes the environment. When Ravana effigies are burned, they emit harmful smoke that pollutes the air. To keep our environment safe, avoid using firecrackers. This will also aid in the reduction of noise pollution.
6. Use organic and recyclable elements - The plates and other materials used for Prasad distribution and eating during the puja should be biodegradable in nature. Plastic plates are bad for the environment. There are various bio-degradable products on the market now, and you may consider the most natural method, dispersing in leaves.
7. Avoid Noise Pollutions - Avoid using loudspeakers or raucous DJs throughout the holiday season. Loudspeakers used in religious services and social gatherings causes noise pollution and annoy people. If necessary, use low-pitched musical instruments.
8. Use Public Transport - Traffic congestion has become a severe concern throughout any festival event, whether it is Dussehra or Ganesh Chaturthi. As the number of puja pandals grows each year, individuals tend to visit them in their personal automobiles, causing unnecessary traffic congestion. During the puja, one should try to take public transportation.
9. Keep it simple and subtle - Last but not the least. Whether you are decorating the pandals or visiting one. You always have to keep in mind that, keeping things simple will always save our environment. For celebrating the occasion you don't have always need to go expensive or out of the box. Doing less but efficiently is what makes the celebration grand. Make this occasion super special and memorable like never before.
10. Eco-friendly Gifts - Even when sending
Dussehra gifts to Hyderabad for friend's n family, always keep in mind that you definitely need to choose eco-friendly gifts too. For example - Live Plants for Dussehra can be one of the finest present for such.
This is the list you need to follow for making your Dussehra special. Even staying in the budget you can celebrate Dussehra effectively. So, what are you further waiting for? Follow our leads and enjoy the grandiose event while being reasonable and responsible.
Author Name : Pradipta Mitra
Word Count : 715
Your Comments -
Posted by: HyderabadOnlineFlorists.com
Posted on: 9/17/2022 11:01:50 AM